01 October 2009

Bigger than my body.

After i fell sick, it was a struggle to get back on my two feet, to get life back to its original radical state. took a lot of work. My exams were only a week after I was discharged. for three weeks i hadn't open a single one of my books. there goes trials, flushed down the toilet bowl *pllushhhh*

I got my results this week. 6 marks better on the average than last term. Me, the only kid in the whole of the pure science stream of 120 kids who got a B for math in pmr, got a 91 score in modmath and chemistry with a pass.

In the church i used to attend, every sunday people would go up and give testimonies about how they scored well for their exams. i'm not even sure to what extent God was intended to be part of that success. this probably sounds like one of those testimonies.

but heck, there is something greater to this than a "thank You Lord" testimony. i really don't care about what marks or score i got. the second i got my results, i was just so in awe of my Jesus. In awe that i'm alive and well. in awe that He's been getting me back on my two feet from the day i fell sick. in awe that even after i got better, he was there with me while i struggled through each exam paper. in awe that He not only made me well, He made me better than i was before. In awe that in Him, I am more that what i think i can be.

Instantly, romans 8 : 37-39 came to my mind.

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I am more than a conqueror through Him who loved me. not sickness, diesease, and even death can separate me from God's love. how amazing is that?

No comments: